Your privacy and security are EXTREMELY important and critical to our success and your well being. For this reason, we want to be as clear as possible and we encourage our younger visitors to read this policy, too.
DIRECT NOTICE TO PARENTS: Uchi intends to adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA). COPPA requires, in most cases, that children under 13 cannot agree to provide personal information over the Internet. For more information on COPPA visit,
This notice describes our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from all of our users. Our policies are described below.
Go directly to learning about Cookies.
- We do not intend to share or sell to others any of the information you provide. That includes personal identifiable information and the content you enter when using Uchi. The only exceptions to this rule would be when we are required by law to do so (for example, in response to a court order or subpoena) or in response to an order issued by a law enforcement agency.
- Any information you share on Uchi will ONLY be accessible by members of YOUR network. Your network only includes the people that you either a) invite and they accept or b) you’re invited to and you accept.
- Exception #1 – Uchi staff and personnel will have access to your user profile information (e.g. name, email, password, etc.). However, Uchi staff and personnel WILL NOT have access to the content you share.
- Exception #2 – In the case of Uchi Conversations (i.e. commenting on a 1st degree user’s answer), a user will have access to a 2nd degree user’s comment on that user-in-common’s answer.
Your privacy is absolutely critical to our success so we take it very seriously. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us.
The Information We Collect
- All the information we collect from you will be used for statistical, demographic and membership purposes only.
- We may collect personally identifiable information for contests, polls, surveys, etc., but we still will not give out or sell that information to others.
We Use This Information To Communicate With You
- To inform you of new services or changes in service.
- When we make changes to an agreement or policy.
- To fulfill a request by you.
- To offer other products, programs, or services from within Uchi that may be of interest to you.
Notifications To Communicate With You
We use push notifications and in-app notifications to communicate with you.
Notifications are used:
- To inform you of new services or changes in service.
- To inform you of key information, we believe, will improve your experience on the app.
- To inform you of new connection or uchiTribe invitations and activity.
- To inform you of new content available (e.g., Answers, Comments, etc.) from your connections and uchiTribes (that you’ve opted-in).
We do not send notifications from third parties.
To manage your notifications, go to:
- From the Uchi App: Profile & Settings -> Notifications -> Toggle On/Off each type of notification
- On your Device: Settings -> Uchi app -> Toggle On/Off at the system level for the app
Even if you decide to turn off all notifications, there still may be a need to contact you regarding important transactional or other account and app information.
When You Contact Uchi
In order to appropriately respond to your inquiry, the types of personally identifiable information that may be collected (but are not limited to) include: Name, Address, Phone Number, and Email Address. We will use this information to respond to your inquiry and for general demographic data on our visitors.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our web pages such as:
- The type of browser you are using (e.g., Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- The type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows, Apple, iPhone, Droid, etc.).
- The domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Verizon, Comcast, ATT, etc.).
We Use This Information To
- Ensure that we provide services compatible with our users’ needs.
- Improve the design and content of our platform.
- It may also enable us to personalize your experience.
- Analyze usage; as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
Collection Of Information By Third-Party Sites
What Are Cookies?
- Cookies are text files we place in your system’s browser to store your preferences.
- Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information.
- To enhance your experience with our platform.
- If you choose to furnish the site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
- Personalize your experience on our platform (e.g. to recognize you by name).
- Save your password in password-protected areas.
- Enable you to use shopping carts on our platform.
- Offer you products, programs, or services.
Our Commitment To Security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect. All sensitive areas of the website (e.g. User Registration and User Login) operate under Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to safeguard against any outside parties from gaining access to your information.
How You Can Access Or Correct Information
Users are able to modify their personally identifiable information through the app. This includes, but is not limited to, email address, password, billing information, etc.
For instructions on how to access the personally identifiable information the platform has collected about you or how to correct factual errors in such information, please contact us.
Below is a list of possible personal information needed for registration and how it’s used.
- Is a person 18 years or older
- Full Name – Used to identify you to others in your network, contact information regarding membership details
- Mailing Address – Contact information regarding membership details
- Phone Number– Contact information regarding membership details, and platform use via text messaging if selected by the user
- Gender (e.g. Male or Female) – Statistics and demographics
- Birthday – Age verification, statistics and demographics
- Email Address – Username and contact information regarding membership details
- Picture – If and when available, a user photo will help to personalize the user experience and may serve as an identifier to one’s network
When You Use Uchi
- Any information you provide while using Uchi will only be accessible by your network and designated administrators sensitive to maintaining your privacy.
- Any information you provide while using the Conversation feature (i.e. commenting and replying) will only be accessible by that primary user whose answer you are commenting on and by any 2nd degree user who has answered that question in common with the primary user and designated administrators sensitive to maintaining your privacy.
- It is NOT our policy to access the above information unless it is critical to platform operation and/or we are required to do so by law.
- Specific types of personally identifiable information may be collected and used to contact individuals who participate in platform contests, polls, surveys, etc.
If you have any questions about how we use the information you are sharing please contact us.
Children Under 13
If you are under 13, you CANNOT agree to give us your email address or other personal information without your parent or guardian’s permission. You can surf uchiconnection.com without giving us your name or email address and you do not need your parent or guardian’s permission but we hope that you will tell your parents about Uchi so they may learn about the platform, too.
If you have any questions about using the platform please have your parent(s) contact us.