Every child needs to feel heard. No matter their age or the subject, students absorb information and their minds begin to process, organize, and make sense of it all. Naturally, questions, associations, and ideas begin to form and inspire discussion. The more dialogue we have the greater the opportunity for learning. Uchi helps make those conversations and learning easier…and more fun.
The Socratic Method
A form of cooperative dialogue between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking.
Online now with uchiEdu.
The Socratic Method may sound formal -and even intimidating- but imagine an EdTech platform students can use to engage in real, subject-matter conversations that teachers lead, participate in, and monitor. Now, learning via dialogue can happen anywhere, at any time, with ease.
uchiEducation, or uchiEdu, is a Q&A platform for sharing your perspective and hearing others’. Conversations are “guided” by the topic of questions the teacher asks. This kind of interactive discussion is now available using the Uchi app. It’s easy, fun, and not dependent on the class being in the same place, at the same time, including online.
Uchi uses the power of the written word for communicating thoughts and ideas. Your students’ words matter. The more they practice the better they will become at expressing themselves. This platform also serves as an EdTech Social & Emotional Learning (SEL) tool that helps students learn curriculum while strengthening peer-to-peer relationships.
uchiEdu is where every student’s voice is heard.
- It’s “Guided” Communication – A teacher creates the question sets to lead discussions.
- It’s Safe – A teacher participates and monitors all conversations.
- It’s Private – A teacher invites student members via email. Only Tribe Members have access to each other’s answers and comments on a per tribe basis.
- It’s Secure – User content is never accessible, reviewed, mined, or sold to anyone. Never.
- It’s Reciprocal – Rule #1 – You must answer a question in order to see others’ answers.
- It’s Unique – No other platform provides a safe, private environment where conversations are led and managed by a leader and requires members to participate in order to consume.
- It’s Easily Adoptable – When teachers embrace a resource the students follow.
- It’s User-Friendly – Simply download the app on any smartphone or tablet, register, accept your teacher’s uchiTribe invitation, and begin answering questions.
We have a flexible pricing model based on the number of educators at your school. For more information contact us.
Imagine a place where students can openly engage in relevant conversations alongside an adult guide: their teacher. A platform where students can share their thoughts and ideas with their peers, without fear of judgement or bullying. When students are safe to express who they are and what they think, when they can share their voice and be heard, their learning potential is incredible! uchiEducation does that.